Insurance and Billing
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Associates accepts most major insurances. As a courtesy to you, we will bill your insurance carrier for you; however we cannot tell you what your policy will cover. Since your insurance policy and coverage is between you and your carrier, we urge you to contact them prior to your procedure. You will be responsible for any co-pays and/or deductibles.
You will receive an easy to understand, all-inclusive bill for the services provided at Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Associates. We offer the option to pay online here. You can also expect a bill from your physician. You may also receive a bill for anesthesia and/or pathology services.
If you have questions regarding insurance prior to your appointment or procedure, please call us at (301) 340-8099.
Participating Insurance List:
- Accordia National Insurance Company
- BCBS Federal/National Capital (Including Capital Care)
- BCBS MD (CareFirst Blue Choice of MD and Delmarva)
- Beech Street Corporation
- Cigna (Indemnity, PPO & HMO)
- Empire BCBS
- Fidelity Benefit Administrators
- First Health
- Great West
- Johns Hopkins (US Family Health Plan)
- Johns Hopkins Employee Health Plan
- Johns Hopkins (Priority Partners)
- Kaiser Permanente
- Mailhandlers Benefit Plan
- Maryland Medical Assistance
- Medicare – Part B Only
- Medicare Railroad
- United Healthcare (including MAMSI, Optimum Choice, MDIPA, One Net PPO)
This list is subject to change. Please call your insurance company to confirm your insurance benefits prior to your scheduled procedure.
The Cost of Your Procedure
Because you are responsible for costs for covered healthcare services until you reach your deductible, you should comparison shop if you elect to have a nonemergency procedure.
You can use tools like Healthcare Bluebook and the Medicare Procedure Price Lookup (for Medicare patients). Many health insurance websites also provide information on where to find in-network services.